Sunday 31 May 2015

End of the Month Round-Up - May



With June just around the corner, it's time to say bye-bye to May. And what an amazing May it has been! With more fantastic releases than you can shake a stick at, book signings and BEA and BookCon, May has been a great one this year for everyone.

First up, what books did I get during May?

-


Drop by Katie Everson (Thank you Jo Unwin for this!)
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Talon and Rogue by Julie Kagawa (Thank you to numerous people here! Since I was sent three copies of each Talon AND Rogue!)
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness












Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (Manuscript). (A massive, ginormous thank-you to both Sooz and Sarah J.Maas for this baby!)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J.Maas (ARC) (Again, so many thank-you's to Sarah and Sooz here!!)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J.Maas (signed UK bookplate edition) 
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (Yes, AGAIN, thank-you to Sooz and Sarah. You amazing gals you).
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J.Maas (US hardback) 
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.








Now, apart from the amazing May releases, May was also amazing for another reason:

I MET SARAH J.MAAS.

For those that know me, you know just how big of a deal that was to me. If you don't, well... basically, Sarah is one of my literary queens. I even run a fan account for her fans to mingle and I host giveaways and more (Twitter @HeirOfFire).
Meeting Sarah was easily one of the most emotional moments of my life. Her work has shaped and changed me in ways that I can't explain. To finally meet her was a literal dream come true! Gosh, I'm getting teary just thinking about the 21st of May!

Also during May, the Truthwitch stuff began. I'll explain much more about this in the future!


So. What will June be bringing us? More amazing books, of course! We have ones like:


And many more besides! June is going to be a kick-ass month from the looks of things. June also means summer. HEAT. FINALLY! The wind and rain of England right now is really taking its toll on everyone. We've had 8 months of jumper weather. 8 MONTHS!!! 

Anyway. Here's to an amazing June, guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment